Exploded a Regional Brand
to National Bestseller
Sources: Project NOSH 2018, SPINS & MULO Data 2018
Oregon Ice Cream 360° Brand Development
Four Businesses & Two Brands with Little Awareness
- Two undifferentiated brands that overlapped and created ambiguity in shoppers minds.
- Co-packing business and a b2b brand that even their most loyal customers didn’t understand.
Modernize small, Pacific Northwest niche brands into national organic brands.
Alden’s Key Insights:
- Comfort is king and ice cream is a natural fit.
- People want brands to make simpler claims.
Julie’s Key Insights:
- 81% of female ice cream eaters age 18-37 want a premium indulgent portion controlled frozen treat and culinary flavors.
- Women will pay for an organic, just-for-them ice cream treat.
- Make Alden’s America’s family organic ice cream.
- Make Julie’s a portion controlled super indulgent frozen treat for women.
- Leave daylight between the two consumer brands and the two other ice cream businesses (co-packing and b2b).
America’s family organic ice cream
- 4x Growth in the first 24 months.
- NW regional brand became bestselling Organic Ice Cream in U.S. within 24 months.
Scope of Work
- Audits & Analysis
- Audience Insights
- Research & Insights
- Trend Analysis
- Brand Positioning
- Visual Strategy
- Packaging Design
- Branded Ecosystem
- Sales Collateral
- Product Photo Art Direction
- Photography Guidelines
- Brand Bible
“Retail Voodoo allowed us to identify uniquely differentiated brand strategies. Their work positioned our brands to quickly accelerate our growth in the marketplace.”
– M. Hunt, VP of Marketing, Oregon Ice Cream
We helped Oregon Ice Cream become the national leader of the organic ice cream category, build a premium organic novelties business for Julie’s, level-up their b2b brand, and gain clarity for their co-packing brand. What’s your brand’s growth challenge?