Tips To Succeed in the Beverage Industry Featuring Becca Schepps, Mortal Ventures
What does it take to run a successful beverage brand?
The beverage industry is a male-dominated industry, so, how did the Founder of Mortal Ventures, Becca Schepps succeed? She decided to be completely unconventional and turn kombucha on its head. Now, Becca’s here to share her journey as an entrepreneur in the beverage industry, the challenges, and the lessons she learned running her business.
In this episode of the Gooder Podcast, host Diana Fryc sits down with Becca Schepps, the Founder and CEO of Mortal Ventures, to discuss her entrepreneurial journey and tips to succeed in the beverage industry. Becca explains the importance of natural brand accessibility, how she balances her personal and professional life, how her history as a creative director influences her leadership style, and her advice to other entrepreneurs.
In this episode we learn:
- Becca Schepps talks about Mortal Ventures, why it exists, and where the idea came from
- Becca explains how to make your natural brand accessible to everyone
- How Becca is balancing her personal and professional life
- Becca explains how her history as a creative director influences her leadership style
- Mortal Ventures’ path in the right direction
- Mentors that helped Becca succeed in her business
- Becca shares her proudest moments with Mortal Ventures
- Becca’s advice to entrepreneurs starting out
- What’s next for Mortal Ventures?
- Exciting trends in the food, beverage, and wellness space
- Women leaders Becca admires
About Becca Schepps
Becca Schepps is the Founder and CEO of Mortal Ventures, a brand that produces beverages that fight death. Becca founded Mortal Ventures after she was diagnosed as a Type 1 Diabetic, on a mission to make kombucha that was low in sugar and high in bubbles. Prior to founding Mortal Ventures, Becca worked as a Freelance Creative Director across many industries, working with clients such as The Feed, Yasso, One Bar, Stages Cycling, Carrots, and more. Becca has extensive ad agency experience across all types of media.
Guests Social Media Links:
LinkedIn Becca Schepps: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bescka/
- Mortal Ventures
- Becca Schepps on LinkedIn
- Becca Schepps’ website
- The Feed
- S.W. Basics
- Adina Grigore on LinkedIn
- Andy Judd on LinkedIn
- Christina Tosi
- Diana Fryc on LinkedIn
- Retail Voodoo
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Retail Voodoo.
Retail Voodoo has been building beloved and dominant brands in the food, wellness, beverage, and fitness CPG industries for over 30 years. They’ve served multinational companies like PepsiCo. and Starbucks, startups like High Key, and everything in between.
Their proven process guides hundreds of mission-driven consumer brands to attract a broad and passionate fan base, crush their categories through growth and innovation, and magnify their social and environmental impact.
So, if you are ready to find a partner that will help your business create a high-impact strategy that gives your brand an advantage, Retail Voodoo is here to help.
Visit retail-voodoo.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.