There’s good marketing. There’s great marketing. And then there’s Liquid Death’s marketing.
Liquid Death took a healthy habit and made it 50 times more fun — by turning traditional marketing on its head. Instead of trying to send a weighty message about the benefits of drinking water, they use comedy to promote their product. They’re not making fun of others — just of themselves. By using humor, they’re connecting with more consumers, promoting good habits, and helping the environment.
In this episode of the Gooder Podcast, host Diana Fryc is joined by Amy Friedlander Hoffman, Chief Business Officer for Liquid Death, to discuss their innovative marketing strategies. Amy talks about how the company is helping the environment, the company’s structure for success, and why humor is the perfect marketing tool.
In this episode we learn:
- Amy Friedlander Hoffman shares how Liquid Death is making it super fun to drink water
- Liquid Death’s mission to do good and turn traditional marketing on its head
- Amy discusses her transition from the world of tech to the world of CPG
- Launching products into new cities and retailers
- Handling the worst-case scenarios
- How Liquid Death structured leadership responsibilities and reporting for success
- Taking advice with a grain of salt
- What’s the strategy behind Liquid Death’s branding and design?
- Why Amy left law school to pursue business endeavors
- How Liquid Death is impacting the environment for the better
- Why CPG company owners should open up to the idea of hiring outside of the industry
- Innovative suggestions for how stores could change up their shelving strategies
The Radically Fun and Environmentally Friendly Water Brand featuring Amy Friedlander Hoffman, Liquid Death Mountain Water
About Amy Friedlander Hoffman
Amy Friedlander Hoffman is the Chief Business Officer for Liquid Death Mountain Water. Liquid Death is a quickly-growing beverage brand that packages water in infinitely recyclable tallboy cans. Amy oversees sales, marketing, merchandising, development for commercial strategies, and business development for all brand partnerships.
Before joining the Liquid Death team, Amy was the Head of Business for Uber. She oversaw more than 150 partnerships across entertainment, music, sports, venues, community, and brand. Her work earned a spot on Billboard’s “Top Branding Power Players.” Prior to Uber, Amy ran Priority Digital Media, a strategic consulting practice focused on content, media, and distribution.
Guests Social Media Links:
- Amy Friedlander Hoffman on LinkedIn
- Liquid Death
- Liquid Death on TikTok
- Liquid Death on Instagram
- Marisa Allen Bertha from 7-Eleven
- Diana Fryc on LinkedIn
- Retail Voodoo
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Retail Voodoo.
Retail Voodoo has been building beloved and dominant brands in the food, wellness, beverage, and fitness CPG industries for over 30 years. They’ve served multinational companies like PepsiCo. and Starbucks, startups like High Key, and everything in between.
Their proven process guides hundreds of mission-driven consumer brands to attract a broad and passionate fan base, crush their categories through growth and innovation, and magnify their social and environmental impact.
So, if you are ready to find a partner that will help your business create a high-impact strategy that gives your brand an advantage, Retail Voodoo is here to help.