How do nutritious, ancient grains and wheat positively impact the environment?
For quite some time, people have been unaware of ancient grains’ and wheats’ importance. In 2005, Brooke Lucy and her husband, Sam Lucy, started their vertically integrated farm business to raise awareness, grow, process, and sell organic ancient grains and heritage wheat varieties. Now, she’s here to share the challenges and lessons they’ve learned while growing and selling heirloom grains.
In this episode of the Gooder Podcast, host Diana Fryc sits down with Brooke Lucy, the Co-owner and Founder of Bluebird Grain Farms, to discuss her entrepreneurial journey in growing, processing, and selling organic ancient grains and wheat. Brooke explains the fundamental shift in people’s demand for ancient grains and wheat, product development and the farming practices they use to grow their grains, challenges they’ve faced, and her advice to new farmers and entrepreneurs.
In this episode we learn:
- Brooke Lucy talks about Bluebird Grain Farms and why it exists
- The fundamental shift in people’s demand for ancient grains and wheat
- Brooke explains how her role as a wilderness ranger impacts her leadership style
- What are Brooke’s principles for product development?
- Brooke explains the farming practices they use to grow their grains
- Why entrepreneurs lose sight of their end goal
- The people that influenced Brooke and her husband’s grain-growing process
- Brooke shares the challenges they’ve faced and her proudest moments
- Brooke’s advice to new farmers and entrepreneurs
- What’s next for Bluebird Grain Farms?
- Women leaders that Brooke would like to elevate
About Brooke Lucy
Brooke Lucy is the Co-owner and Founder of Bluebird Grain Farms, a vertically integrated farm business that produces, processes, and sells ancient and heritage wheat and grains. Brooke is a visionary, educator, people person, and networker. She believes that people deserve access to pure, clean food, and she believes that producers have an obligation and social responsibility to the planet and humankind to grow and deliver sustainable food with minimal water use and a low carbon footprint. Brooke is honored to be an entrepreneurial environmentalist where she can work with the land and integrate her infinite wisdom while driving good food to the people.
Guests Social Media Links:
LinkedIn Brooke Lucy: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brooke-lucy-b4ba6947
- Bluebird Grain Farms
- Bluebird Grain Farms on Instagram | Facebook
- Brooke Lucy on LinkedIn
- Girl Meets Dirt
- Brené Brown
- Secretary Deb Haaland
- Diana Fryc on LinkedIn
- Retail Voodoo
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Retail Voodoo.
Retail Voodoo has been building beloved and dominant brands in the food, wellness, beverage, and fitness CPG industries for over 30 years. They’ve served multinational companies like PepsiCo. and Starbucks, startups like High Key, and everything in between.
Their proven process guides hundreds of mission-driven consumer brands to attract a broad and passionate fan base, crush their categories through growth and innovation, and magnify their social and environmental impact.
So, if you are ready to find a partner that will help your business create a high-impact strategy that gives your brand an advantage, Retail Voodoo is here to help.