Tasty snacks often come with an unfavorable ingredient list, and healthy snacks have a rap for bland flavors. Is there any way to find the best of both worlds?
Chasin’ Dreams Farm has the snack for you. What looks like tiny popcorn actually has no corn at all — it’s popped sorghum. It’s got all the flavor without any genetically modified ingredients. Gluten-free from the age of seven, Sydney Chasin grew up experimenting with alternative ingredients to make delicious snacks. Now, she shares her creations with healthy snack eaters across the globe.
In this episode of the Gooder Podcast, Diana Fryc is joined by Sydney Chasin, Founder of Chasin’ Dreams Farm, to discuss her journey to create a fun, healthy snack company. Sydney talks about her decision to start a company straight out of college, lessons she learned the hard way, and her advice for young, fellow entrepreneurs.
In this episode we learn:
- Sydney Chasin shares her inspiration for creating Chasin’ Dreams Farm
- The decision to ditch corporate life in favor of the entrepreneurial path
- Why popped sorghum?
- Partnering with Mondelēz International CoLab
- Lessons Sydney learned the hard way
- Advice for startup owners: narrow your focus on your target customer
- Sydney’s proudest accomplishment: building a sustainable company that can operate without her
About Sydney Chasin:
Sydney Chasin the Founder of Chasin’ Dreams Farm, a new snack brand made from tiny, popped sorghum. The US-grown sorghum is a drought-resistant, regeneratively farmed crop that is naturally gluten-free — meaning it’s as good for you as it is for the planet. Chasin’ Dreams Farm is now the home for better-for-you, more FUN for you, clean-label snacks.
Sydney received a BA in Financial Services with Entrepreneurship from Edinburgh Napier University. During school, she was the President of Napier University European Language Society and the Financial Services Student Programme Leader. Upon graduating, she began laying the foundation for her first company, Chasin’ Dreams Farm, named after the family farm where she grew up.
Guests Social Media Links:
LinkedIn Sydney Chasin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sydney-chasin-074a158a/
- Sydney Chasin on LinkedIn
- Chasin’ Dreams Farm
- Chasin’ Dreams Farm on Instagram
- Mondelēz International & SnackFuture CoLab
- Brigette Wolf on the Gooder Podcast
- The Dip: A Little Book That Teaches You When to Quit (and When to Stick) by Seth Godin
- Kathleen King on LinkedIn
- Tate’s Bake Shop
- Diana Fryc on LinkedIn
- Retail Voodoo
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Retail Voodoo.
Retail Voodoo has been building beloved and dominant brands in the food, wellness, beverage, and fitness CPG industries for over 30 years. They’ve served multinational companies like PepsiCo. and Starbucks, startups like High Key, and everything in between.
Their proven process guides hundreds of mission-driven consumer brands to attract a broad and passionate fan base, crush their categories through growth and innovation, and magnify their social and environmental impact.
So, if you are ready to find a partner that will help your business create a high-impact strategy that gives your brand an advantage, Retail Voodoo is here to help.