Are you struggling to find healthy beverages that you can enjoy as a consumer? How can you have a great business catering to these needs as an entrepreneur? What tips can help you achieve these goals on both the consumer and producer side?
Many people nowadays are seeking transparency and cleaner alcohol options to support their active and healthier lifestyles. As an entrepreneur, you should view this as an opportunity to come up with a solution for them. That’s why Donna Katz shares her entrepreneurial journey, tips, and lessons she learned as an entrepreneur — and how people can stay healthy.
In this episode of the Gooder Podcast, host Diana Fryc is joined by Donna Katz, the CEO and Founder of G’s Hard Ginger Beer, to discuss her entrepreneurial journey in beverages, specifically in the alcohol category. Donna talks about what inspired her to found G’s Hard Ginger Beer, the lessons she has learned developing the company, and the importance of growing through mentorship and industry networks.
In this episode we learn:
- Donna Katz talks about G’s Hard Ginger Beer and why it exists
- Donna explains what influenced her love for agriculture and growing things organically
- At what point did Donna realize that she was headed in the right direction and started getting traction?
- Donna talks about the hospitality channel and if they’ll get their product there
- Does ginger have the same benefit when mixed with alcohol in a better-for-you context?
- Donna shares lessons learned from growing her company
- How Donna gained mentorship and joined networks to grow her company
- Donna’s proudest moments with her company
- Donna’s advice for other entrepreneurs
- What’s next for Donna and her company in the next 12 months?
- Trends and brands Donna has her eyes on
About Donna Katz
Donna Katz is the CEO and Founder of G’s Hard Ginger Beer, a company that crafts vibrantly flavorful, absurdly aromatic, refreshing, and memorable dry hard ginger beers that are ready to drink and ready to mix. Donna is an Australian native who moved to Napa Valley, California in 2013. In 2014, Donna began dry-farming a small block of grapevines by hand and making restrained-style wines. Donna started fermenting ginger for her own digestive health, often incorporating foraged and seasonal ingredients. She quickly came to realize she was making beverages she couldn’t buy — ones that had no added sugar or sweeteners and were crafted with only real ingredients.
Guests Social Media Links:
- G’s Hard Ginger Beer
- G’s Hard Ginger Beer on Instagram
- Donna Katz on LinkedIn
- Donna Katz’s Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diana Fryc on LinkedIn
- Retail Voodoo
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Retail Voodoo.
Retail Voodoo has been building beloved and dominant brands in the food, wellness, beverage, and fitness CPG industries for over 30 years. They’ve served multinational companies like PepsiCo. and Starbucks, startups like High Key, and everything in between.
Their proven process guides hundreds of mission-driven consumer brands to attract a broad and passionate fan base, crush their categories through growth and innovation, and magnify their social and environmental impact.
So, if you are ready to find a partner that will help your business create a high-impact strategy that gives your brand an advantage, Retail Voodoo is here to help.