Do you have what it takes to succeed in the refrigerated snacks sector? At age 19, Leigh Keith started Perfect Snacks with her family. Now, they’ve revolutionized the billion-dollar protein category. How did they do it?
Leigh shares the journey of how Perfect Snacks managed to be successful in creating fresh, grab-and-go snacking options. She says that to succeed in this space, you have to be passionate and expect challenges but have a mindset that every misstep is taking you somewhere.
In this episode of the Gooder Podcast, host Diana Fryc sits down with Leigh Keith, the Co-founder and Co-CEO of Perfect Snacks, to discuss the entrepreneurial journey as a successful refrigerated snacks brand. Leigh talks about Perfect Snacks and some of the challenges of running a business as a young person, their acquisition by Mondelēz International, leadership strategies, and her advice to other entrepreneurs.
In this episode we learn:
- Leigh Keith talks about Perfect Snacks and what it stands for
- Leigh shares what worked and didn’t work for her when running the business at age 19
- Leigh explains what failure means
- How Leigh knew that they were headed in the right direction
- Where did the name “Perfect Bar” come from?
- Mistakes that were pivotal to the success of Perfect Bar
- Leigh talks about their acquisition by Mondelēz International
- How Leigh’s upbringing and current work environment influence her leadership style
- Mentors that were instrumental to Leigh’s success
- Leigh’s advice to other entrepreneurs — and what’s next for Perfect Snacks
- Women leaders Leigh admires
About Leigh Keith
Leigh Keith is the Co-founder and Co-CEO of Perfects Snacks, which makes fresh-from-the-fridge protein snacks out of love for optimal health, fitness, and nutrition. Leigh has remained steadfast in building healthy communities from the inside out. In July of 2019, Perfect Snacks gained a majority interest acquisition from Mondelēz International, the global snacking leader. Leigh and Perfect Snacks have been awarded the NEXTY Award from New Hope media, and San Diego Magazine also named Leigh a Woman of the Year finalist.
Guests Social Media Links:
- Perfect Snacks
- Leigh Keith on LinkedIn
- “Aligning Your PR and Marketing Strategies featuring Jess Windell, Maven Consulting”
- “The Evolution of The Natural Products Industry and The Acceleration of Better-For-You Products’ Consumption featuring Cynthia Tice, Lily’s Sweets”
- Cassie Burr (Nielsen)
- Wayne Wu on LinkedIn
- Diana Fryc on LinkedIn
- Retail Voodoo
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Retail Voodoo.
Retail Voodoo has been building beloved and dominant brands in the food, wellness, beverage, and fitness CPG industries for over 30 years. They’ve served multinational companies like PepsiCo. and Starbucks, startups like High Key, and everything in between.
Their proven process guides hundreds of mission-driven consumer brands to attract a broad and passionate fan base, crush their categories through growth and innovation, and magnify their social and environmental impact.
So, if you are ready to find a partner that will help your business create a high-impact strategy that gives your brand an advantage, Retail Voodoo is here to help.