Building a business is exceptionally difficult. It’s a marathon, not a sprint. Often, it’s one of the greatest joys and challenges that people face in their lives — second only to raising children.
Liz Myslik understands the personal and professional journey of building a business. As an entrepreneur with years of experience growing brands in the health food industry, Liz understands the operational, financial, marketing, and sales sides, as well as the most important part — the people. She knows there are people out there like her: folks who are following their passion to make the world a better place. As Liz says, do what’s right for the world and business will follow.
In this episode of the Gooder Podcast, Diana Fryc is joined by Liz Myslik, Partner at Loft Growth Partners, to discuss why staying true to your passion to help the world will reap better long-term results. Liz talks about her father’s advice that changed her career outlook, the difference between mission-driven and money-hungry companies, and resources for new business owners looking for investors.
In this episode we learn:
- Liz Myslik describes the mission of Loft Growth Partners
- Advice from her father that inspired Liz to find her passion — and then find a way to contribute
- Liz’s advice: Make decisions that are right for the world and business will follow
- Liz shares her take on diversifying workplace leadership
- How does Liz distinguish between mission-driven companies and the ones just in it for the money?
- Resources for entrepreneurs in the better-for-you food industry
- Why did Liz join the team at Loft Growth Partners?
- Advice for up-and-coming women entrepreneurs
- Two paths into investing: financial education or an operational background
- Resources for new business owners looking for investors
About Liz Myslik:
Liz Myslik is a Partner at Loft Growth Partners. Loft Growth Partners invest in consumer brands that promote happier, healthier living to build great businesses that have a lasting impact. Clients include brands like The Seaweed Bath Co., Blue Dog Bakery, and Fat Snax.
Liz has spent nearly 20 years leading emerging consumer brands across the food, beverage, and fitness industries. She has been named a “Kingmaker in Consumer & Retail” by Forbes, one of the “Most Influential Women in Food & Drink” by Fortune, and a “Wonder Woman in the Natural Products Industry” by New Hope Media. Liz is also a Board Member for No Cow, The Seaweed Bath Co., Fat Snax, and Flock.
Guests Social Media Links:
- Liz Myslik on LinkedIn
- Loft Growth Partners
- The Hatchery
- Naturally Network
- Hirshberg Entrepreneurship Institute
- Bryanne Cypress Mocomb, VP of Operations at No Cow
- No Cow
- Eliza Blank, Founder of The Sill
- The Sill
- Winky Lux
- The Seaweed Bath Co.
- Sensitive Home
- Nourish Organic
- Grove Collaborative
- Diana Fryc on LinkedIn
- Retail Voodoo
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Retail Voodoo.
Retail Voodoo has been building beloved and dominant brands in the food, wellness, beverage, and fitness CPG industries for over 30 years. They’ve served multinational companies like PepsiCo. and Starbucks, startups like High Key, and everything in between.
Their proven process guides hundreds of mission-driven consumer brands to attract a broad and passionate fan base, crush their categories through growth and innovation, and magnify their social and environmental impact.
So, if you are ready to find a partner that will help your business create a high-impact strategy that gives your brand an advantage, Retail Voodoo is here to help.