Imagine an app that could help you find discounts on healthy foods, recipes, and products that fit your dietary requirements — a virtual one-stop-shop for all your natural food needs. Does it sound too good to be true?
Good news — it already exists! Makeena is a free app so consumers can discover, find, and earn rewards with brands whose products meet their dietary needs and lifestyle preferences. Once they buy a product, all they have to do is scan a barcode, take a snapshot of the receipt, and then start earning cash and rewards. And it’s also an excellent way for brands to get discovered. Brands get to engage with the consumer throughout the app’s dashboard and learn more about the shopper to become more efficient with their marketing budget.
On this episode of the Gooder Podcast, Diana Fryc is joined by Karen Frame, Founder and CEO of Makeena, to discuss how Makeena benefits both consumers and retailers in the natural food industry. Karen talks about how she became passionate about natural foods, how Makeena built its one-stop-shop app, and her goals for the company’s future.
In this episode we learn:
- Karen Frame explains the benefits of Makeena for both consumers and retailers
- What difference has Plantricious made within the health food industry?
- Good news in the world of Makeena
- What led Karen Frame into the natural food space?
- How has Makeena become a game-changer for natural food retailers?
- Where does Karen get her entrepreneurial spirit?
- Karen’s goals for the future of Makeena — make a difference in the health of millions of people
- How Makeena created a one-stop-shop for consumers with their app
About Karen Frame:
Karen Frame is the CEO and Founder of Makeena, a company dedicated to connecting consumers with brands that are healthy for people and the planet. Makeena offers cash and rewards for purchasing eco-friendly and nutritional products. Their app provides a one-stop-shop for consumers looking to save and brands trying to get discovered.
Karen Frame is a repeat founder in the tech space, an attorney, and a former CPA. She also has over 25 years of experience as an executive in the software and data industries for companies including Accenture, CipherCloud, and Frontier Communications.
Guests Social Media Links:
LinkedIn Karen Frame: https://www.linkedin.com/in/karensframe/
- Karen Frame on LinkedIn
- Karen Frame’s email: email@example.com
- Cynthia Tice on the Gooder Podcast
- Robyn O’Brien — Co-founder of rePlant Capital
- Jane Pinto on the Gooder Podcast
- Jamie Schmidt — Founder of Schmidt’s Naturals
- Join Makeena
- Diana Fryc on LinkedIn
- Retail Voodoo
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Retail Voodoo.
Retail Voodoo has been building beloved and dominant brands in the food, wellness, beverage, and fitness CPG industries for over 30 years. They’ve served multinational companies like PepsiCo. and Starbucks, startups like High Key, and everything in between.
Their proven process guides hundreds of mission-driven consumer brands to attract a broad and passionate fan base, crush their categories through growth and innovation, and magnify their social and environmental impact.
So, if you are ready to find a partner that will help your business create a high-impact strategy that gives your brand an advantage, Retail Voodoo is here to help.