Is your mission to offer the world sustainable, healthy, and delicious meals — and run a successful business at the same time?
Maria Covarrubias, “the sauce queen,” has learned many lessons throughout her career as a successful entrepreneur. Now, she is sharing her insights to help others achieve their goals, eat better, and live a healthy life. To be successful, Maria says entrepreneurs need to have mentors, stop chasing too many opportunities at once, know the ins and outs of the business they want to create, and much more. Achieving success is easier if you learn from entrepreneurs that have already made it.
In this episode of the Gooder Podcast, host Diana Fryc is joined by Maria Covarrubias, the Co-founder and Culinary Expert at Cien Chiles, to discuss her entrepreneurial journey as “the sauce queen.” Maria shares the inspirations behind her sauce ideas, the importance of having mentors in any venture of your life, and her advice to entrepreneurs, innovators, and creators.
In this episode we learn:
- Maria Covarrubias talks about Cien Chiles and the inspiration behind it
- How is Cien Chiles different from other related brands in the market?
- Maria explains why she earned the title “the sauce queen” and what inspires her sauce ideas
- How Maria discovered that she’s an entrepreneur
- Maria’s proudest moments in her career
- Maria talks about her mentors in her entrepreneurial journey
- The pros and cons of working with a spouse
- Advice to entrepreneurs, creators, and innovators
- What’s next for Cien Chiles?
- Maria gives a shout-out to women entrepreneurs she admires
- A top trend that Maria is watching: bubbling water
About Maria Covarrubias
Maria Covarrubias is the Co-founder and Culinary Expert at Cien Chiles, a company that creates sustainable, healthy, and delicious hot sauces that make meals better while making the world a better place to cook them. Maria is an experienced culinary developer with a demonstrated history in the food and beverage industry. She also works at Chosen Foods as a Corporate Culinary Specialist. Previously, Maria worked as a professionally trained chef under Thomas Keller’s Restaurant Group, both in Napa Valley and New York City.
Maria has been inspired by the flavors, taste, and power of food from a very young age. She finds joy in cooking for her daughter, friends, and family and showcasing fresh ingredients in every meal. For Maria, sourcing fresh, local, and seasonal ingredients is a priority for everything.
Guests Social Media Links:
LinkedIn Maria Covarrubias : https://www.linkedin.com/in/maria-covarrubias-28a32522/
Website : https://cienchiles.com/
- Maria Covarrubias on LinkedIn
- Cien Chiles
- Chosen Foods
- CPG Founders
- Philip Gorman on LinkedIn
- Cali Bagels
- Kirsten Helle Sandoval on LinkedIn
- Mesa de Vida
- Diana Fryc on LinkedIn
- Retail Voodoo
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Retail Voodoo.
Retail Voodoo has been building beloved and dominant brands in the food, wellness, beverage, and fitness CPG industries for over 30 years. They’ve served multinational companies like PepsiCo. and Starbucks, startups like High Key, and everything in between.
Their proven process guides hundreds of mission-driven consumer brands to attract a broad and passionate fan base, crush their categories through growth and innovation, and magnify their social and environmental impact.
So, if you are ready to find a partner that will help your business create a high-impact strategy that gives your brand an advantage, Retail Voodoo is here to help.