Some people believe that fighting Alzheimer’s is a lost cause. If it’s in your genes, there’s nothing you can do about it, right?
Erika Lepczyk dug into the causes of Alzheimer’s and found out that only 2% of cases are hereditary — meaning that there is a chance to prevent and slow the disease. She’s dedicated her career to educating people about cognitive health and creating functional blends that fill the gaps in whole food nutrition. Her goal is to create a prevention-based solution, rather than just another treatment option or quick-fix.
In this episode of the Gooder Podcast, Diana Fryc is joined by Erika Lepczyk, Co-founder and CEO of Memore, to discuss her journey to prevent cognitive diseases through whole food nutrition. Erika talks about why she started Memore, her past DTC experience that aided the start of a new company, and lessons she’s learned during her entrepreneurial journey.
In this episode we learn:
- Erika Lepczyk shares the inspiration behind Memore
- Creating a culture of prevention and education
- Erika’s prior experience with e-commerce and DTC — and how that helped when starting Memore
- The moment Erika knew she was on the right path
- Lessons learned on the journey of creating Memore: don’t be afraid to fail fast, but make it a fast fail
- Erika’s proudest moments
- The importance of taking time for yourself
- What’s next for Memore?
- Advice for people considering a startup
About Erika Lepczyk:
Erika Lepczyk is the CEO and Co-founder of Memore, an innovative brand dedicated to sustaining long-term cognitive health. Memore offers functional blends that provide convenient and versatile ways to fill nutritional gaps with whole food nutrition. Memore’s blends have shown to be effective in slowing decline and reducing Alzheimer’s risk by as much as 53%.
Erika aims to help break the common misconception that Alzheimer’s is hereditary — only 2% of cases are. By introducing the world to Memore’s functional blends, she hopes to educate consumers on preventive health and the positive impact that high-quality, whole food ingredients have on brain activity. Erika is a graduate of Michigan State University and has over 15 years of experience working with DTC brands.
Guests Social Media Links:
- Erika Lepczyk on LinkedIn
- Memore on Facebook
- Memore on Instagram
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- Brie Doyle on the Gooder Podcast
- You Should Leave Now: Going on Retreat to Find Your Way Back to Yourself by Brie Doyle
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain
- Helen Hall on LinkedIn
- Liquid IV
- Blender Bombs
- Diana Fryc on LinkedIn
- Retail Voodoo
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Retail Voodoo.
Retail Voodoo has been building beloved and dominant brands in the food, wellness, beverage, and fitness CPG industries for over 30 years. They’ve served multinational companies like PepsiCo. and Starbucks, startups like High Key, and everything in between.
Their proven process guides hundreds of mission-driven consumer brands to attract a broad and passionate fan base, crush their categories through growth and innovation, and magnify their social and environmental impact.
So, if you are ready to find a partner that will help your business create a high-impact strategy that gives your brand an advantage, Retail Voodoo is here to help.