Dressings should be as healthy as your salad. So, where can you get clean, high-quality, classic-flavored dressings to whip up a delicious and healthy dish?
People need to understand what they are eating — if it’s healthy or not — and that includes the dressing they use on their salad. Sophia Maroon shares her entrepreneurial journey of how she started her dressing and marinades company to provide tips to entrepreneurs on how to run a successful business — and educate people about healthy eating.
In this episode of the Gooder Podcast, host Diana Fryc is joined by Sophia Maroon, the Founder and CEO of Dress It Up Dressing, to discuss her entrepreneurial journey in making healthy dressings and marinades for salads. Sophia explains her 10-year journey of scaling Dress It Up Dressing and the mistakes she avoided, the kind of networks an entrepreneur should have to succeed, and her advice to entrepreneurs.
In this episode we learn:
- Sophia Maroon talks about Dress It Up Dressing and why it exists
- How Sophia’s “messy life” influenced the genesis of her company
- The 10-year journey of scaling Dress It Up Dressing
- How Sophia realized they were moving in the right direction — and mistakes she avoided
- Sophia’s proudest moment and milestone
- How Sophia’s background in anthropology and filmmaking influence what she does now
- What kind of networks should you have as an entrepreneur, and which entrepreneurs does Sophia admire?
- Sophia’s advice to entrepreneurs
- What’s next for Dress It Up Dressing
- Sophia shares brands and trends she has her eyes on and why
About Sophia Maroon
Sophia Maroon is the Founder and CEO of Dress It Up Dressing, a company that offers olive oil-based dressings with gluten-free, sugar-free, vegan, paleo, keto and Whole-30-friendly varieties. Since Sophia couldn’t find a salad dressing on the market that resembled homemade — and because her brother challenged her — she decided to create Dress It Up Dressing using her mother’s recipe. Sophia is also a filmmaker with three kids.
Guests Social Media Links:
- Dress It Up Dressing
- Dress It Up Dressing on Instagram
- Sophia Maroon on LinkedIn
- Diana Fryc on LinkedIn
- Retail Voodoo
- Specialty Food Association
- Nina Tickaradze on LinkedIn
- Maria Jose Palacio on LinkedIn
- Hugo Coffee Roasters
- “Frito-Lay is Changing the World of Business for The Better with Ciara Dilley, Frito Lay” on the Gooder Podcast
- “Reimagining Well Being Snacking with Brigette Wolf, Mondelēz International” on the Gooder Podcast
- Junita’s Jar
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Retail Voodoo.
Retail Voodoo has been building beloved and dominant brands in the food, wellness, beverage, and fitness CPG industries for over 30 years. They’ve served multinational companies like PepsiCo. and Starbucks, startups like High Key, and everything in between.
Their proven process guides hundreds of mission-driven consumer brands to attract a broad and passionate fan base, crush their categories through growth and innovation, and magnify their social and environmental impact.
So, if you are ready to find a partner that will help your business create a high-impact strategy that gives your brand an advantage, Retail Voodoo is here to help.