If we take care of Mother Earth, in turn, she’ll take care of us. So, how do you promote affordable and eco-friendly products?
After becoming aware of the lack of options in the eco-friendly product space, Suz Hernandez founded MamaP. She shares their journey, challenges, and the lessons they’ve learned running MamaP to encourage other brands that it is possible to have a for-good, for-profit brand that’s eco-friendly. Suz believes that together, people have the power to make a difference and put Mother Earth first.
In this episode of the Gooder Podcast, host Diana Fryc sits down with Suz Hernandez, the Founder and CEO of MamaP, to discuss ways to successfully run an eco-friendly brand. Suz explains the reasons why MamaP exists as a for-good, for-profit brand, the challenges and lessons they’ve learned, and how they’re growing and creating change.
In this episode we learn:
- Suz Hernandez talks about MamaP, why it exists, and where the idea came from
- Suz talks about their disposable products and how to discard them
- Suz explains how she knew that she was headed in the right direction
- How Suz became a socialpreneur
- Challenges MamaP has faced that changed its trajectory
- How Suz has leveraged past experiences to overcome some of the challenges they’ve faced as a brand
- Suz’s proudest milestone in the company
- Suz’s advice to other leaders
- A surprising fact about plastic toothbrushes
- Women leaders Suz admires
About Suz Hernandez
Suzan (Suz) Hernandez is the Founder and CEO at MamaP, a CPG brand that strives to make Mama Earth proud by offering affordable, eco-friendly alternatives to everyday products in beauty, health, and home goods. Coupled with an MBA from Indiana University and work experience at leading companies like Nike and P&G, Suz has a passion and drive for blending consumer products with purpose, sustainability, and design. Suz is leading the vision, product innovation, and go-to-market for MamaP. MamaP is a triple bottom-line company — focusing on people, planet, and then profits.
Guests Social Media Links:
LinkedIn Suzan Hernandez : https://www.linkedin.com/in/suzan-hernandez-204b65b/
Website : https://mamap.life/
- Suzan (Suz) Hernandez on LinkedIn
- MamaP on Facebook | Instagram | TikTok
- “Product Innovations Role in the Changing Consumer Landscape with Carol Smith, Materne”
- “Fueling the Path To Feeling Better Featuring Tara Staten, Bulletproof”
- “The Keys to Success: Hard Work, Tenacity, and a Support Network with Junea Rocha, Brazi Bites”
- “Mentoring the Next Generation of Leadership featuring Miyoko Schinner, Miyoko’s Creamery”
- Diana Fryc on LinkedIn
- Retail Voodoo
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Retail Voodoo.
Retail Voodoo has been building beloved and dominant brands in the food, wellness, beverage, and fitness CPG industries for over 30 years. They’ve served multinational companies like PepsiCo. and Starbucks, startups like High Key, and everything in between.
Their proven process guides hundreds of mission-driven consumer brands to attract a broad and passionate fan base, crush their categories through growth and innovation, and magnify their social and environmental impact.
So, if you are ready to find a partner that will help your business create a high-impact strategy that gives your brand an advantage, Retail Voodoo is here to help.